Skip to content
- Avoid walking bare-foot even inside the house.
- Do not wear ill fitting shoes or open tight shoes particularly sandals with tongs between the toes.
Don’t wear wet foot wear , it can be a source of infection like athletes foot.
- Do not remove corns and callus by yourself. These tasks are better left to foot specialists to prevent accidental cuts.
- Do not apply plasters, or corn remover or any type of adhesive tape.
- Don’t apply cream or ointment between the toes. Dust a non-medicated powder between the toes after washing and drying.
- Do not use hot water bottle or heating pads on your feet.
- Avoid smoking . Smoking reduces the blood circulation to the legs leading to the loss of limb.
- Never use scissors, blade , nail cutter or knife to cut the nails. Use of nail filer is safer.
- Toe nails should not be cut too short, and the toe nail angles should not go deep in to the nail bed.